Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Warm Bliss has ascended upon us!

Hey Land people!
Wanted to send a glorious hello from all of we asea folks.
So what have we done so far?
Well...
Sunday was a day of total and complete disorientation and getting settled.
The entire ship was that way... well passengers mostly!
Greta and Jim have their own "story from hell". Let me say that at least on of my coworkers will know what I mean when I say how they found the toilet had on of my favorite words (phrases) on it upon their entering their cabin. And so ensued about 24-36 hrs of back and forth discussions with the crue until we (Jim) spoke with one of the uppity-ups and got some sort of resolution.
Monday was a bit easier for all we cruisers and we began to settle into the idea that it would indeed get warmer soon. We attended the Cruise Critics reception and everyone (abouit 40 people) sang Happy Birthday to Toni who turned 90 in December and the reason we are on this cruise! Seamus was gleefully running amuck the entire time. Even on perfect que cheered when the head guy introduced the captain! Jim has been running back and forth all over the ship keeping Seamus from actually getting to the forward to shout "I'm King of the World!" We are all exercising fullswing and enjoying every moment. I did 350 cals, 2.5 mi, 45 mins of treadmill yesterday... Grets did a spin class... Cliff did his usual over the edge workout... Jim ran on the treadmill... and then we had fun eating later! Cliff had an awesome massage with "Harry" yesterday and recommended it to all of us.
Tuesday... that's today... has been one of pampering. The pool area is full to the max. I had my massage with "Harry" at 8:00am and boy was it worth it. Could just about get back to the cabin I was floating with no stress at all. Mom is now having her massage as I type. I watched Seamus so Greta and Jim could have some alone time. They ran 2 miles on deck. So... we are on our 2nd full day at sea and relaxing and enjoying the trip.

More to follow.. gotta go have more fun in the sun!
Tootles!

No comments: